Federal data is complete from 1998-2017. State and local data is complete from 1998-2017. In the tables and charts below, acres are allocated to each program proportionate to the size of the contributions to each acquisition. For example, if an acquisition had two contributions, and each program contributed equal dollar amounts, each program receives 50% of the acres. If you have questions or want to provide updated information, please contact Jessica Welch at email@example.com.
Profile of State Program(s)
Idaho Department of Parks and Recreation: The Idaho Department of Parks and Recreation manages 30 state parks and recreational trail ways, ranging in size from the 18-acre Old Mission State Park to the 14,300-acre City of Rocks State Park. Most parks were purchased by the department largely through state general fund dollars.
Idaho Department of Fish and Game: Wildlife management areas across Idaho are available for hunting, fishing, and other public enjoyment of wildlife habitat and are managed by the Idaho Fish and Game Department. The Fish and Game Department receives funding for acquisitions from the sale of hunting licenses.
Local Financing Enabled
Idaho enables local governments to fund land conservation through issuance of general obligation bonds and property tax increases.
Local Programs Included
Local conservation programs include:
- Blaine County, ID
- Boise, ID
Visit www.landvote.org for detailed information on these programs.
Federal agencies and programs that have conserved land in Idaho include:
- Bonneville Power Administration
- U.S. Bureau of Land Management
- U.S. Bureau of Land Management – Federal Land Transaction Facilitation Act
- U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service
- U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service – Migratory Bird Conservation Fund (MBCF)
- U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service – North American Wetlands Conservation Act (NAWCA)
- U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service – Section 6 Grant
- U.S. Forest Service
- U.S. Forest Service – Forest Legacy Program (FLP)
- U.S. National Park Service
- U.S. Natural Resources Conservation Service – Farm and Ranch Lands Protection Program (FRPP)
- U.S. Natural Resources Conservation Service – Grassland Reserve Program (GRP)
- U.S. Natural Resources Conservation Service – Wetlands Reserve Program (WRP)